System Engineer - Full Time
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
Symbotic is seeking a System Engineer to run our system control
center to ensure critical issues are communicated to the
cross-functional teams to ensure best system performance. You will
drive CI (continuous improvement) and troubleshooting projects by
identifying root cause issues and partnering with cross-functional
teams to drive execution of performance criteria of the system.
What we do
The System Engineer is part of the Customer Operations organization
which is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of
Symbotic's robotic material handling system. The Customer
Operations organization drives operational excellence by engaging
and partnering with our onsite customers to drive best-in-class
quality, safety and system performance.
What you'll do
- Monitor health of the automated adapters, vertical lifts, and
automated robotic vehicles.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of advanced system and
- Communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to site
teams and customers.
- Document and report issues to engineering teams and work with
them on a solution.
- Train and assist operators on overall system including
automated adapters, vertical lifts, automated robotic vehicles,
warehouse management systems, and other IT problems.
- Ability to step in and effectively backfill key Symbotic
- Partner heavily with customers and other internal and external
- Assist in escalation as required to support teams to solve
production impacting problems.
- Participate in the initiatives for continuous improvement,
standardization, and improvement of the warehouse automation
solution, in a context of change focused on production.
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA,
Symbotic , and our customers' processes and procedures are met
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or software Engineering,
Computer Science, Automation Engineering or related discipline ; or
equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with automated systems.
- Brings experience and ability to learn; PLC (Allen Bradley,
Siemens), Robot (ABB), and Software languages such as; SQL, Linux,
- Excellent hands-on experience with assembling, operating , and
troubleshooting robotics and electro-mechanical systems.
- Being able to work under pressure and in an environment of
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as
- A high sense of urgency.
- Employees must have a valid driver's license and the ability to
drive and/or fly to clients and other customer locations.
- The employee is responsible for owning a credit card and
managing submitting their expenses for reimbursed on a bi-weekly
basis to Symbotic .
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with
hands and arms.
- The employee is routinely required to work at heights of up to
45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches. to stand; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Must comply with all safety requirements and protocols,
including without limitation Lock out tag out safety protocols and
fall protection safety protocols.
- If the site location is in construction, or as otherwise
required in accordance with the applicable safety requirements for
the work environment, you will be required to wear proper PPE (hard
hat, safety vest, steel toes, eyeglasses, ear protection, fall
protection (e.g., safety harness).
- There will be steep stairs to climb into the structure.
- You may be required to routinely walk up and down stairs to
navigate the automation structure.
- You will regularly be near railings that are high off the
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Utica , System Engineer - Full Time, Other , Stittville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!