Company: UCP Madison County
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Pay $18.50 - $20.50 an hour
The Credentialing Specialist performs specialized functions in
support of employment and credentialing processes for Agency and
affiliate employees, volunteers, interns and independent
contractors. The Credentialing Specialist serves as a resource and
support to employees, recruiters, hiring managers, and
administrators regarding Agency and regulatory requirements, laws,
policies and procedures related to or affecting job qualifications.
The Credentialing Specialist coordinates and oversees the
operations for obtaining and maintaining employee, volunteer,
intern and independent contractor credentials in compliance with
Agency and regulatory requirements. The Credentialing Specialist is
responsible for serving as an Agency liaison with internal and
external auditors and for keeping up to date with regulations
affecting job credential requirements.
- Verify Agency certified employees have proper credentials
recorded with the NY State Office of Professions, NY State Office
of Teaching Initiatives, OPWDD, OMH, OCFS and DOH.
- Serve as a backup for credential requirements for Article 28,
Article 31, Article 16 or other professional agencies or
associations as appropriate.
- Provide information on credential requirements to
administrators, medical staff, substitutes and applicants; notify
certificated staff and supervisors of credential expiration dates
and maintain current information.
- Evaluate and process credential applications; evaluate
transcripts, employment history and personal data on credential
application to determine if applicant satisfies requirements for
- Research, implement and provide interpretation of Agency,
County and State codes, policies and procedures, including but not
limited to, criminal background checks, NY State driver's license
verifications, medical documentation, and professional
- Track changes in the DMV status and communicate adverse status
with employees and supervisors.
- Evaluate transcripts, employment histories, and other candidate
documentation and determine if applicants meet State requirements
for professional positions.
- Obtain and maintain required documentation verifying
professional credentials for licensed and certified employees and
contractors, and prepare reports and notifications as necessary to
track and obtain all documentation due within required
- Serves as a backup in facilitating obtaining and ensuring
proper credentials of all Change of Statuses.
- Participate in professional development programs to increase
knowledge in Human Resource and Credentialing procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency
regulations and operating standards. Qualifications
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Knowledge of State of NY credentialing requirements, laws,
rules, regulations preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effective, both orally and in
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's license. Benefits
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn in
a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and salary
to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan, dollar for
dollar retirement match (up to 7%), life insurance, voluntary
benefits and generous paid time off.
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous PTO Plans (Sick, Vacation and Employee Leave)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus $1,500!
Upstate Caring Partners is the premier provider of direct-care
services and programs in Central New York for individuals of all
abilities and their families. If you believe in empowering people,
Upstate Caring Partners is an excellent place to start or grow your
Please visit our careers website to access the full job description
located within the job posting.
To access a copy of the job description Click Here - Credentialing
Keywords: UCP Madison County, Utica , Credentialing Specialist, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!