Company: Helio Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Helio Health is on a mission to treat and promote recovery from the
effects of substance use, mental health disorders, and other
behavioral healthcare issues. To support the mission of Helio
Health, the Peer Specialist assists individuals in recovery with
regaining independence in their communities and sustaining their
own recovery and improving their overall health. The Peer
Specialist will work on a Part-Time basis out of Helio Health's
Outpatient Program. In addition to Helio Health's comprehensive
benefits package, Full-Time hires for this position is eligible for
a Sign-On incentive up to $1,500!
A Peer Specialist (CRPA) may have the
- Assist individuals in recovery with articulating personal goals
for recovery using their recovery experience.
- Assist individuals in recovery with creating Wellness Recovery
Action Plans (WRAP) as needed.
- Assist individuals in recovery with taking steps to achieve
personal goals for recovery.
- Assist individuals in recovery with finding self-help groups,
establishing self-help groups, or finding other recovery-focused
- Use their recovery experience to refer individuals or their
families to healthy leisure opportunities or community resources
that may be helpful.
- Use and teach problem solving techniques to individuals and
groups; lead discussions on methods to overcome common problems in
- Discuss methods on overcoming negative self-talk, identifying
and overcoming fears, and identifying signs of a potential
- Teach and role model the value of the individual recovery
- Teach and role model appropriate coping techniques.
- Assist individuals in developing empowerment skills and
combating stigma through self-advocacy.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Consultation with other professionals.
- Crisis response.
- Recruiting or encouraging other Peer Specialists to pursue CRPA
- Participates in program administrative and clinical committees
- Represents agency to the community; promotes agency values
within the community.
- Performs Quality Assurance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalency required
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) Certification required
within six (6) months of hire and maintain CRPA certification
- One year of Health or Human Service experience preferred.
- An individual does not need to be in recovery themself but must
be able to confer empathy through lived experiences such as family
and/or close friends (each peer specialist self-defines his or her
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's License. Our Comprehensive
Employee Benefits Package Includes:
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Helio Health provides equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without
regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion,
national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic
violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability,
family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or
carrier status, marital status, family status, political
affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a
crime, or status as an employee who has complained about
discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated
in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit, or any
other categories, status or activity protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Helio Health, Utica , Peer Specialist, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!