Company: DELTA by Marriott UTICA
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionRate of Pay: $13.50/hr LOBBY ATTENDANT JOB
DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT: Housekeeping REPORTS TO: Executive
Housekeeper/Assistant Housekeeping ManagerSTATUS: Non-exempt JOB
SUMMARY The Lobby Attendant is responsible for maintaining high
standards in all assigned lobby areas, public restrooms, special
cleaning assignments and performing Room Attendant duties as
necessary. QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state
(property specific). Physical requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift. General Requirements:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with DoubleTree by
Hilton Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with DoubleTree by Hilton Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. DUTIES &
FUNCTIONS Fundamental Requirements:
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow
employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets
to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to
assist if needed.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and
take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: DELTA by Marriott UTICA, Utica , Lobby Attendant, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!