Equipment / Dispatch Supervisor
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description:WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
Were Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including
stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support
millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across
hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North
Americas leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed
concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our
people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want
every one of our people to play an active role in growing our
business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North
America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and
work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
Were a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it
with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We
dont ask you to fit in to our culture. We invite you to add to
HERES WHAT YOULL GET TO DO
Have you always wanted the keys to the car?Now you can have the
keys to the kingdom as anEquipment/ Dispatch Supervisor for our
Construction Operation. This position will be responsible for daily
and efficient operation of the shop and dispatching from the
Oriskany Falls, NY location.Some of the activities you get to do
are as follows:
- Manage and schedule the daily assignments of 7truck drivers, 2
mechanics, and a Plant Clerk ensuring efficiency and safety.
- Manage employment processes and policies for the construction
trucking crew and shop mechanics to include hiring, training,
discipline, terminations, and DOT & Non DOT employee files.
- Effectively and proactively administer Lehigh Hansons safety
program ensuring compliance withOSHA / DOT rules and
- Manage direct reports under the guidelines of Lehigh Hanson HR
Policies and Procedures.
- Manage the Oriskany Falls shop to include all daily
- Work closely with Supervisors, Paving Foremen, Plant Clerks,
and Plant Superintendents to schedule deliveries and equipment
moves in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain DOT hours of service for all drivers and juggle
schedules as necessary.
- The incumbent must understand and comply with Company
compliance policies, including the Code of Business Conduct
(including NAM supplements), the anti-corruption policy and the
Antitrust Compliance Policy, and is required to participate in
compliance training in such policies and provide disclosures and
compliance certifications from time to time. As a manager, the
incumbent is expected to require compliance with such policies by
subordinates, monitor their activities for compliance and disclose
incidents of non-compliance as provided by such policies.This
position will be based at Oriskany Falls, NY.
HERES WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree(Preferred) or the equivalent in relevant work
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of DOT and OSHA safety standards
- At least 5 years of construction experience working with NY
State jobs along with previous dispatch experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated
ability to impact safe working practices
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a
professional mannerBRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LETS
ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is
why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive
medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition,
we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
External candidates must be able to workin the USA without
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Utica , Equipment / Dispatch Supervisor, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!