Company: INFICON, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2021
INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation,
critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0
software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools,
processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement
and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air
conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are
vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex
fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics,
flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating
applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the
life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment,
laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage
our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic
chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and
environmental health and safety.
As a member of the Automation & Controls Engineering (ACE) group
at INFICON, the Automation Technician is responsible for the
fabrication and assembly of new automation equipment, maintenance
and troubleshooting of existing production equipment, and
participation in the commissioning of new equipment.
Responsibilities also include collaboration with process engineers
to improve yield and repeatability of deployed production
Essential Job Functions
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production
- Coordinate the scheduling of planned maintenance, verification,
and calibration of production equipment.
- Installation and hookup of process gas, electrical, and cooling
lines during the commissioning of new equipment.
- Building and wiring of electrical control panels from
- Assembly of mechanical and vacuum systems from engineering
- Documentation of the electrical, mechanical, and vacuum systems
of existing equipment where such documentation is absent.
Basic Job Skills:
- Ability to generate reports, technical documentation, and
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair
industrial vacuum system components, such as turbo molecular pumps,
roughing pumps, high purity gas lines, leak valves, dosing valves,
vacuum flanges & components.
- Familiarity of industrial control equipment including B&R,
Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and Siemens SIMATIC PLCs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical system
components such as motors, variable AC drives, PLCs, field wiring,
and field sensors.
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles.
- Understanding of Agile framework with an emphasis on SCRUM
Behaviors - The Automation Technician position
is mid-level and should have a proven record of accomplishment in
production machine maintenance and repair. Successful employees in
this role will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Seeks to take ownership, holding themselves accountable.
- Continual effort to increase his/her technical abilities and
education, focused on growth & learning our best practices.
- Willingness to work independently, even when stepping outside
of his/her comfort zone and working with new techniques or
- Recognizes when aspects of a task exceed his/her abilities and
seeks out the assistance (mentor, team lead, manager, etc.) for
clarification and guidance.
- Shows increasing maturity when interacting with others (such as
the members of his/her team, internal/external customers, and other
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Approximately five years of industry experience, depending upon
the ability of the job candidate to demonstrate the above
- Demonstrated success of production machine maintenance and
Leadership Responsibilities and Reporting
The Automation Technician is responsible for completing task and
contributing to projects under the direction of Senior and Lead
Automation Engineers and directly reports to the Automation &
Controls Engineering Manager.
This role requires lifting, carrying, and/or pushing up to 30lbs
occasionally (less than 5% of the time).
INFICON provides a dynamic work
environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our
employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work
hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON’s forward thinking approach offers countless
opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product
portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work
environment offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance, a
discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical,
dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition
reimbursement and more!
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: INFICON, Inc., Utica , Automation Technician, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!