LPN- Adult Division
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible to provide
daily nursing care, order medications, provide updates to the RN
and Nurse Practitioners, train and orient AMAP's, schedule
appointments, participate in Agency activities and complete
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Promote the individuals' recovery by implementing the treatment
or rehabilitation plan.
- Provide support and consultation and initiate peer support
among program participants.
- Promote program participant input in the development of program
- Oversee the safety and well being of the program
- Oversee and upkeep the maintenance of equipment and
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that
may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Maintain documentation as required
- Establish a work environment that creates positive
communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new
employees to the Agency's culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency
regulations and operating standards
- A.A.S. Degree or High School plus Specialized Trade
- Valid NYS Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse and current
NYS Registration Certificate
- Ability to lift and/or assist individuals in your care and the
ability to meet the physical requirements of the specific job.
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word,
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or
unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services
and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history
record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental
Disabilities) or OMH (Office of Mental Health).
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's License
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances are warranted.
- Minimal risk of contact with bodily fluids, communicable
diseases, or chemicals used in cleaning. May have exposure to
unpredictable individuals and situations when working at the
- OSHA work category 1.
- Must have full sight and hearing with fluency in the English
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , LPN- Adult Division, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!