Programmatic Training Specialist
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and facilitate orientation sessions for new
- Serve as point of contact for orientation for new staff and
- Assist in maintaining the training database for all Agency
- Assist in scanning training records.
- Direct structured learning experiences in program.
- Plan, organize, and implement a range of training
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms,
equipment, and instructors.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional
techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team
exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Train and coach new hires as well as existing employees.
- Conduct general and divisional orientation sessions to assess
level of skills.
- Complete ongoing, on-site observation and assessments of skills
of new hires while shadowing them on their assigned shifts
(weekend, evenings, etc) at their program location.
- Help existing employees improve on or enhance existing skills
while in program.
- Train and develop managers in coaching skills.
- Assist management team training existing staff on critical
competencies, such as conflict resolution, time management,
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities and program
- Create monitored simulations and problem-solving
- Evaluate training materials prepared by curriculum development,
such as outlines, text, and handouts and offer suggestions for
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught
skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPPA
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee
- Acts as a liaison between training department and program to
ensure consistent processes are being followed on site.
- Assist in standardizing processes across the agency.
- Demonstrated training ability in large groups using variety of
delivery methods to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Strong one on one coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage time independently, adhering to all deadlines
including unexpected demands for information and/or additional
assignments, which may include varied shifts.
- Professionalism in all interactions.
- Sound decision making.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Use of good judgment based on regulatory and quality
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Exercise tact, discretion and judgment in working with a
variety of people.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances are warranted.
- Must be able to manage and cope in situations that are
- Must be energetic and team oriented.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field.
- Minimum three years' experience in adult education or
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat,
Internet Browser, Word and Excel).
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or
unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services
and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history
record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental
- Travel is required. Must have a valid NYS Driver's
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Programmatic Training Specialist, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!