Teacher Aide - Pre-School - Substitute
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At Upstate Cerebral Palsy, we provide innovative programs and
services that support people and create opportunities to fulfill
life choices...one person at a time, through everyday miracles. We
are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and versatile
staff to support a variety of individuals who experience
disabilities. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work
independently, think quickly, and problem solve.
The Teacher Aide is responsible to assist the teacher in
coordinating classroom activities, participate in classroom
maintenance and personal care, assist in training new aides, assume
duties of lunch/float aide, and to assist the therapist in carrying
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide assistance in coordinating individual and group
activities in the classroom in line with the IEP goals and plans;
act as back-up in the absence of the teacher.
- Participate in classroom maintenance, field trips, feeding and
assist in toileting.
- Assist and orient in training new aides.
- Assume the duties of lunch/float aide.
- Assist therapist in carrying out therapy goals.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with children or course work in early childhood
- Basic Computer Skills (Including Windows, Outlook, Adobe
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Teacher Aide - Pre-School - Substitute, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!