Assistant Store Manager
Company: Byrne Dairy Stores
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting with the complete operation of a
single Byrne Dairy & Deli store, in conjunction with assigned tasks
and duties. Assist in training and development of employees both in
store operations and food service department.
The list below contains tasks that are typically associated with
the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary.
- Ensuring customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer
service, responding to customer's questions, and resolving their
problems and needs in a friendly, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that all federal, state and company regulations and
standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and
sanitation are met.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Overseeing and recording delivery of merchandise, comparing
records with merchandise ordered and reporting discrepancies to
- Performing human resource duties to include supervision and
training of employees.
- Delegating employees to specific duties.
- Monitoring and maintaining proper store cleanliness,
appearance, and maintenance as per company guidelines.
- Maintain stock levels, inventory, and stock rotation to
- Protecting employees and customers by providing a safe and
clean store environment.
- Assist in the food service and ice cream areas.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience
- Minimum 1 year retail experience
- Correctly follow a given rule or set of rules.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Able to handle responsibility for ensuring proper presentation,
portion control and maintenance of proper serving
- Supervise others by assigning/directing work, conducting
employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking
appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions.
- Assistant Store Managers work 45 hours a week including nights
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance on a ladder and stoop, kneel, or
crouch when stocking and cleaning shelves. The employee must be
able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able
to work in varying temperatures. Working in coolers and
As an Assistant Store Manager with Byrne Dairy & Deli, you will
be part of an established and respected family-owned company with
one of the region's most recognized and popular brands. We will
provide you with comprehensive online and hands-on training to
prepare you for your role plus ongoing product and professional
training to ensure your continued success with Byrne Dairy & Deli.
Our commitment to promoting from within means that there is also
plenty of room for advancement in our organization, with
opportunities to move into management roles at the district level
and beyond. Your hard work and professional dedication will be
rewarded with a competitive compensation package that includes
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Employee recognition program
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, the company
reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at
any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Keywords: Byrne Dairy Stores, Utica , Assistant Store Manager, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!