Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Instructor
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Upstate Cerebral Palsy has various opportunities within the
Greater Utica/Oneida County area. We are looking to hire
compassionate, professional, and versatile staff to support a
variety of individuals. Our ideal candidate would have the ability
to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve.
The ABA Residential Teacher of Upstate Cerebral Palsy will lead
the quality of ABA services, agency education and collaborative
partnership initiatives for the purpose of strengthening the
infrastructure of supports available to children and adults with
autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities and their
families. In conjunction with Upstate Cerebral Palsy's clinical,
educational, and administrative leadership teams, the ABA
Residential Teacher will provide direct services and support to
existing programs consistent with best practices in the
developmental disabilities field using evidence-based practices.
The ABA Residential Teacher will oversee the professional
development of staff and communicate in a manner that energizes the
work force, promotes retention, encourages team excellence,
facilitates continuous learning and reinforces positive
partnerships throughout the organization.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers, conducts, evaluates and supervises the
implementation of behavioral assessment measures and
- Conducts, evaluates and supervises the implementation of
- Develops individualized goals and objectives for home-,
community-, and/or center-based programs and designs behavior
support plans based on functional assessment data.
- Ensures appropriate behavioral data systems are implemented
such that quantifiable behavioral data is collected at regular
intervals to allow for the continual evaluation of behavior plans
and the achievement of individual goals and objectives.
- Teaches program staff on the proper implementation of
educational and clinical behavior programs and plans, data
collection systems and all necessary monitoring and reporting
- Conducts training and consultation.
- Provide supervision for staff seeking board
certification/licensure in behavior analysis or registered behavior
- Volunteer and demonstrate good community citizenship by
participating in community activities that are consistent with the
Agency's mission and values.
- Demonstrate unwavering commitment to the people we
- Demonstrate supportive networking between Upstate Cerebral
Palsy and its affiliated corporations.
- Attend supervision under a BCBA.
- Implement strategies as directed by the supervising BCBA.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Special Education or related
- Enrolled in BCBA course sequence or has completed BCBS
coursework and is obtaining supervision hours.
- 2 Years relevant experience in a related field.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Including Windows, Outlook, Adobe
Acrobat, Word, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel is required. Must have or be willing to obtain a valid
New York State Driver's License.
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits, and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Instructor, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!