Migration Technician - Contract
Company: Zones, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Term: 3- 6 month contract with potential to extend.
Hours: 1st shift Mon-Friday
Pay: $18-21/hr commensurate with exp + medical benefits
The Migration Technician will provide
hardware/software/structure cabling, technical service,
installation, configuration, and problem resolution in Customer's
specified PC/network/infrastructure environment. They will assist
Customer in completing proper inventory and asset recording
processes, as defined by Customer and shall provide a summarized
report, including all specifications identified by Customer. The
Migration Technician will work directly with Project Team as well
as Customer Personnel.
- Install, configure and support new hardware and software for
- Ensure proper tracking and maintenance of hardware and software
systems utilized by Customer's personnel
- Act as the liaison between Customer Personnel and Customer end
users, including, but not limited to, directly interacting with
Customer end users to schedule time to perform Services in order to
ensure limited impact to Customer operations or patient care.
- Follow specific instructions provided by Customer Personnel
and/or Project Team to troubleshoot and upgrade Customer's IT
- Provide technical support to Customer end users as needed,
including, but not limited to, scheduling time directly with
Customer end users to recover hardware and/or software as well as
provide new hardware in the event of an error, ensuring printing
systems are loaded and performing correctly, and validating all
applicable software has been removed properly. .
- Scan in and pack up legacy equipment at the end of each shift
in alignment with Customer standards provided by Customer prior to
- Provide input for summarized reporting provided to Customer
Personnel by Project Team at the end of each shift, including all
information requested by Customer.
- Provide documentation for certain Customer end-users to record
successful hardware and/or software replacement and operational
functionality. Customer's end-users will sign-off on such
documentation and Consultant will store the completed documentation
within a file-share accessible by both Consultant and
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, interpersonal
skills and team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate compassion and discretion in a patient care
environment in support of overall service provided to the
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and
- High School diploma or equivalent Associates degree preferred
and experience with PC systems, related peripherals and common
software programs and Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with standard Windows O/S and Office suites.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately perform inventory and
asset recording and complete paperwork as required by customer,
including vendor warranties.
- Ability to perform final configuration tasks on customer
- Experience with desktop hardware.
- Experience with structure cabling.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've
expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond - with reach in over 80
countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and
our world-class partners - Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo,
and more - to transform their enterprises. To support this
transformation, Zones offers products and services across four
Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network
Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a
collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects,
engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and
operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results
has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today's
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career
immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're
interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales,
engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the
place for you!
Keywords: Zones, Inc., Utica , Migration Technician - Contract, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!