Summer Recreation Assistant
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Oversees and supervises a group of children in the summer camp,
while maintaining health and safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Lead structured and unstructured
activities for children participating in the summer camp.
2. Supervise a group of 8-12 children during the day and coordinate
recreation activities that encourage teamwork and character
3. Maintain health and safety of children according to camp manual
at all times.
4. Monitor meals and teach appropriate table manners.
5. Maintain cleanliness in all areas designated for children.
6. Report any problems and concerns to the Program Assistant as
7. Report any discipline concerns to the Program Assistant as
8. Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as
9. Encourage each child to participate in constructive recreation
and leisure activities.
Other Duties: Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice due to
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
• High School Diploma/GED
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Ability to assist or lead with the teaching of activities
• Energetic, sense of humor, patient and self-control
• Safety oriented at all times
• Creative and artistic a major plus
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Utica , Summer Recreation Assistant, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!