Coordinator Childcare Services
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Upstate Cerebral Palsy has various opportunities within the
Greater Utica/Oneida County area. We are looking to hire
compassionate, professional, and versatile staff to support a
variety of individuals. Our ideal candidate would have the ability
to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve.
The Coordinator for the Early Childhood Programs is responsible
to supervise daily day care and preschool operations, coordinate
and expand services, coordinate and provide family education
opportunities, ensure compliance with governmental and agency
regulations and operating standards, complete all records and
reports, coordinate with other agency programs and departments,
ensure department fiscal responsibility, ensure ongoing staff
development and teacher aid orientation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide orientation for staff and volunteers including the
facility rules, procedures, paperwork, and philosophy and ensure
ongoing staff in-services and professional development needs.
- Coordinate activities to include classroom staffing, staff
in-services training, program purchase recommendations, side food
program, required reporting and assist preschool program leadership
with the general day-to-day running of the preschool and day care
- Monitor daycare and preschool programs, curriculum and staffing
for groupings of children.
- Act as a liaison and primary contact with parents including
providing written materials, conducting tours, recruiting families
for open daycare spots, collecting day care payments and providing
information to them as needed.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with staff, parent or
administration as required to develop and improve curriculum and
address program issues and staff concerns.
- Facilitate programs and trainings for families
- Support families with the transition to preschool program and
coordinate services as needed
- Maintain communication with the business office, staff and
administration to ensure that the program runs smoothly.
- Supervise day care personnel to ensure maintenance of day care
child records, which include: immunization and health records,
emergency contact information, eating and behavior patterns, and
other relevant information as required.
- Coordinate existing services and expansion of department,
assist in the development of new programs, and initiate innovations
in line with program needs.
- Complete necessary paperwork for staff and volunteers and
bi-weekly vouchers for foster grandparents.
- Perform administrative support by attending meetings,
participating on committees, and other activities as required.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive
communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new
employees to the Agency's culture, values and mission.
- Responsible for submitting, monitoring, and gaining approvals
of classroom variances
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency
regulations and operating standards
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or related
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or
unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services
and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history
record check under OCFS (Office for Child and Family Services)
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits, and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Coordinator Childcare Services, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!