Director of Accounting
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 4, 2021
At Upstate Cerebral Palsy, we provide innovative programs and
services that support people and create opportunities to fulfill
life choices...one person at a time, through everyday miracles. We
have various opportunities within the Greater Utica/Oneida County
area and are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and
versatile staff. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work
independently, think quickly, and problem solve.
The Director of Accounting serves as a positive role model,
creating positive relationships with staff in an environment of
mutual respect and trust. The Director of Accounting is a strong
advocate for consumers, cultivates and enhances an atmosphere of
continuous improvement, and is involved in creating customer focus
within the organization. The Director of Accounting participates in
the development of a leadership system based upon the Agency's
mission, values and high performance expectations. The Director of
Accounting will promote performance excellence through maintaining
a focus on a strategic and organizational planning, use of quality
processes and goals and decision making based on data and analysis.
The Director of Accounting will support the professional
development of staff and communicate in a manner that energizes the
work force, promotes retention, encourages team excellence,
facilities continuous learning and reinforces positive partnerships
through the organization and the community.
- Supervise and oversee the Accounts Payable Department.
- Participate in timely completion of the month end financial
close process in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in the timely completion of annual regulator cost
- Complete monthly Account Reconciliations.
- Responsible to stay current with changes in Accounting
- Involvement in the year end closing process.
- Responsible for oversight of the general ledger account
- Participate in financial audits by independent auditors and
external government agencies.
- Participate in activities as part of the administrative team
that may include meetings, attending and/or conducting
- Model, promote and support the organizational performance
- Implement a continuous quality improvement process for
department services and administrative functions.
- Maintain positive relationships with consumers, families,
community organizations, referral sources, and governing
- Establish a work environment that creates positive
communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new
employees to Agency's culture, values and mission.
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or
- 5 years of related experience.
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word,
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances are warranted.
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Director of Accounting, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!