Peer Support Specialist
Company: Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Posted on: June 4, 2021
At Upstate Cerebral Palsy, we provide innovative programs and
services that support people and create opportunities to fulfill
life choices...one person at a time, through everyday miracles. We
are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and versatile Peer
Support Specialists to support a variety of individuals who
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support clients presenting to CHBS in their admission process
through the duration of their enrollment in mental health and/or
substance use disorder treatment.
- Relate to the client as an advocate for their treatment
- Advocate within systems to promote coordination of care and
- Educate clients on their rights and responsibilities
- Use a person centered approach
- Support a holistic approach and the multiple pathways to
recovery, to include the use of self-help resources.
- Serve as a role model to clients
- Educate through shared experiences
- Establish appropriate respectful peer relationships
- Mentor clients in areas that support recovery such as effective
communication, self-care, self-advocacy, conflict resolution
- Lead educational and support groups for clients
- Participate in the clinical treatment team model, to include
informing treatment planning and promoting individualized
- Adhere to all defined role responsibility and ethics as
outlined by NYS ASAP Certification Board for Peer Recovery.
- Provides data to CHBS leadership on services provided on a
- Comply with the policies, procedures and regulations of the
Agency and external regulatory bodies.
- 18 year of age or older
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) or Provisional CRPA to
be attained within 90-days of employment and full CRPA to be
attained within NYS Certification Board requirements.
- Previous experience working with individuals with complex
substance use and mental health needs.
- Willingness to adapt multiple methods to engage clients in
- Strong communication skills
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's License-travel is required.
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn
in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and
salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan,
dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary
benefits and generous paid time off.
Keywords: Upstate Cerebral Palsy, Utica , Peer Support Specialist, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!