Franchised General Manager
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Posting Date May 11, 2021
Job Number 21045680
Job Category Administrative
Location Delta Hotels Utica, 200 Genesee Street, Utica, New
York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Delta Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are seeking a professional and customer-focused General
Manager to oversee our hotel operations. Our ideal General Manager
candidate must possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a
positive attitude, the proven skills to oversee all operations
activities and departments in the hotel in order to maximize
revenue, deliver a positive guest experience and create a team
atmosphere that promotes learning and excellence. The General
Manager will be responsible for implementing successful strategies
to achieve hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost
control, guest satisfaction and developing employees. Play pivotal
role in the sales efforts, meeting top clients, assisting in
closing business and setting comprehensive sales strategies and
tactics to achieve financial results. Mentor executive leadership
team in implementing labor controls, check book accounting and
service standards that drive efficiency and high performance. The
position is active in the community and building long term
relationships within the community is essential. Maintain the asset
for ownership ensuring that cleanliness and maintenance standards
are constantly be addressed.
- The General Manager will provide exceptional customer service
to all hotel guests, making their stay memorable while achieving
company and Brand goals.
- Ensures that all standard operating procedures, federal, state
and local regulations with regard to associates, security, cash
handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure
- The General Manager will develop annual budget, marketing plan
and capital expenditure plans.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational reports on
performance metrics on financials, brand compliance and associate
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with
company and legal requirements.
- Hires, trains, and directs associates and managers as necessary
keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Accompany Sales team on sales calls and lead the sales
- The General Manager will become involved in community events
- Remain highly visible and be always readily available for
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to gain knowledge of hotel systems and programs as well
as math skills.
- Ability to train other employees and assess/evaluate their
performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate hourly associates
within your department.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities
and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and
procedures available for guidance.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott International, Utica , Franchised General Manager, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!