Food Service Manager
Company: Byrne Dairy Stores
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Purpose of Position
Manages the entire foodservice program in a single Byrne Dairy
and Deli store according to company policies, procedures, and
federal/state requirements. Provides leadership, support, and
guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels,
food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
Ensures that the food offered to customers is of superior quality.
Maintains excellent relationships with all employees. Promotes
professional growth and development of the entire team. In
addition, the foodservice manager will foster strong
inter-departmental relations and integrate the foodservice
department with the store.
As a Food Service Manager, it will be up to you to create and
build upon a positive and family-oriented culture and a profitable
retail business environment, with the overall goal of helping us to
continue to grow a successful organization. From overseeing food
service department and employee development to ensuring that the
food service department is kept clean, you will take a direct and
active role in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the food
The list below contains tasks that are typically associated with
the job. It is not all-inclusive and may vary.
- Ensuring customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer
service, responding to customer's questions, and resolving their
problems and needs in a friendly, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that all federal, state and company regulations and
standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and
sanitation are met.
- Ensures that food items are stored in a safe and hazard free
- Ensure that all food items are prepared and served according to
- Always provides excellent customer service.
- Properly place product orders for foodservice department
- Accurately complete weekly and end of month foodservice
- Train, motivate and develop foodservice employees.
- Upkeep of all foodservice equipment including cleaning of ice
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by Store Manager
or District Manager
As a Food Service Manager, you must be the type of motivated and
positive individual who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and doing
whatever it takes to get the job done. You must also be highly
organized and detail-oriented with strong analytic and
prioritization skills. It is also important that you display
excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and
customer-service skills. Food Service Managers work a minimum of 45
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year food service management experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in food service
- Enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in
either written or electronic form.
- Able to handle responsibility for ensuring proper presentation,
portion control and maintenance of proper serving
- Required to perform duties inside cooler and freezer.
- Supervise others by assigning/directing work, conducting
employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking
appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions. Develop and/or
implement new and current policies/procedures/standards and/or
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance on a ladder and stoop, kneel, or
crouch when stocking and cleaning shelves. The employee must be
able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able
to work in varying temperatures. Working in coolers and
As a Food Service Manager with Byrne Dairy & Deli, you will be
part of an established and respected family-owned company with one
of the region's most recognized and popular brands. We will provide
you with comprehensive online and hands-on training to prepare you
for your role plus ongoing product and professional training to
ensure your continued success with Byrne Dairy & Deli. Our
commitment to promoting from within means that there is also plenty
of room for advancement in our organization, with opportunities to
move into management roles at the district level and beyond. Your
hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a
competitive compensation package that includes benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Employee recognition program
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, the company
reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at
any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Keywords: Byrne Dairy Stores, Utica , Food Service Manager, Other , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!