PT Bakery Sales Associate
Company: Hannaford Supermarkets
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Address: USA-NY-Herkimer-401 East Albany Street
Store Code: Store 08366 Bakery (7247841)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in
Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those
early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers
and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only
local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and
local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods
is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major
supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood
products were sustainably harvested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Observe and follow all company policies and established
* Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and comply with personal appearance policy.
* Assist in special projects and perform other functions as
assigned by supervisor.
* Assist in training other associates when assigned and
* Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the
* Work within our company's management planning guidelines to
* Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed
equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free
from debris and safety hazards.
* Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
* Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery Department
(rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters,
* Observe and maintain company's sanitation and food safety
* Prepare, proof, and bake product as assigned.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Effective communication, customer service, and selling
* Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and
technical requirements of the job.
* Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job
* Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm
motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
* Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs.
* Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up
to 20 lbs. on occasion.
* Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20
minutes at a time.
* Use their hands to operate controls and feel objects, and use
tools to prepare products.
* Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with
cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
* Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with
and assist customers in selection of product.
* Package and display products according to standard practice and
our automated production program, taking customer demands into
* Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
* Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise,
preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
* Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to
rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
* Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and
* Wash, clean, and sanitize equipment in accordance with company
* May be required to frost, base ice, and decorate all varieties of
cakes. Personalize when necessary.
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position,
with or without reasonable accommodations.
Salary range is between $15.00 - $19.65 Hrly
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all
associates and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 352299_external_USA-NY-Herkimer_11142023
Keywords: Hannaford Supermarkets, Utica , PT Bakery Sales Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Herkimer, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!