RN - ICU
Company: Travel Nurse Across America
Posted on: November 18, 2023
We're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel
nurse opening in Utica, NY. The right nurse should have 1-2 years
recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible for evaluating and
monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs
provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening
situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care,
assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to
other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be
providing education and support to patient families, possibly for
long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting
any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and
record electronic displays.
- Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and
- Communicate patients' conditions to family members. ICU Travel
Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time,
as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be
able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may
require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. RNs may face hazards
from exposure to certain chemicals or infectious diseases and will
treat patients that may be confused, agitated, and/or
Requirements*: BLS, ACLS, NIH, 2 Years
* Additional certifications may be required before beginning an
Keywords: Travel Nurse Across America, Utica , RN - ICU, Healthcare , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!