Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Location: West Winfield
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job SummaryThe Occupational Therapist is responsible for
providing skilled occupational therapy services to patients
assigned to him/her in a comprehensive manner promoting quality,
continuity, and safety. Duties include providing effective and
efficient comprehensive coordination of patient care and community
based needs to our patient population.Core Job Responsibilities
- Provides professional occupational therapy assessments and
create a patient specific therapy plan of care to include
interventions within the team concept utilizing all elements of
approved occupational therapy guidelines to ensure a high quality
of professional service.
- Strives for a safe environment for the patient; evaluates
patient equipment needs and adheres to standard precautions.
- Initiates and carries out continuous assessment of physical,
emotional, social, cultural, economic, and environmental needs of
- Observes the patient for changes in condition, and reports
changes and updates to the Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager or
Therapy Supervisor and the physician as indicated.
- Plans and provides for comprehensive home health care services
to patient through formulation and revision of the therapy plan of
care, making appropriate updates and service referrals within and
outside the agency.
- Coordinates services with patient/caregiver and plans for
patient discharge from services.
- Supervises and instructs supportive care personnel per
conditions of participation.
- Promotes good health practices helping the patient in accepting
and assuming responsibility for attaining the highest level of
independent functioning possible.
- Evaluates medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician, submitting, and maintaining appropriate medical orders,
and following up with RN Case Manager, Therapy Supervisor and
physician as indicated.
- Instructs patient and the family in self care techniques,
exercise programs, and other aspects of care as outlined in the
- Completes documentation per agency standards/policy utilizing
an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system (paper system
- Maintains agency productivity standards.
- Monitors patient expectations/satisfaction and coordinates with
the health care team interventions that meet the patient's
- Accepts assignments and performs duties within their therapy
scope of practice, seeking and obtaining sufficient
information/education necessary to function effectively in the home
health care setting.Education/Experience RequirementsRequired:--
- Graduate of an occupational therapy Bachelor of Science program
with a curriculum approved by the American Occupational Therapy
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a staff occupational
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as an
Occupational Therapist in New York State
- Valid NYS--drivers license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
CertificationDisclaimerQualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their age, race,
religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.Successful
candidates might be required to undergo a background verification
with an external vendor.Job DetailsReq
Id--------88599--Department--------OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY -
SLMHC--Shift-- --DaysShift Hours
NON-UNION-8 HR.--Employee Status--------A7 - Occasional--Union
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Utica , OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, Healthcare , West Winfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!