REGISTERED NURSE - VNA HOME CARE - Full Time - Days
Company: Mohawk Valley Health System
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Details Req Id 86872 Department NURSING Shift Days Shift
Hours Worked 7.50 FTE 1 Work Schedule VNA - HOURLY Employee Status
A1 - Full-Time Union V01 - VNA-NYSUT NURSES UNION Job Summary The
Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient's health by
completing the nursing process: collaborating with Physicians and
multidisciplinary team members: providing support to patients and
families in the patient's home. A Registered Nurse is responsible
for assessing, planning, promoting and evaluating quality patient
care in the home. A Registered Nurse provides teaching to patients,
families and the public. A Registered Nurses will follow the
mission, vision, I-CARE values, policies and procedures of Mohawk
Valley Health System. Core Job Responsibilities
- Identify patient care requirements establishing personal
rapport with patients and families and understanding of plan of
care throughout the patient's experience.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and
- Promote patient independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, friends and family to understand disease
process, medications, and self-care skills, and provide time to
- Assure quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending adjustments to the patient's needs.
- The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing
practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks
consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements following manufactures instructions
troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment, inventories, and evaluating equipment and
- Protect patients, employees by adhering to infection control
policies and protocols, medication administration and controlled
substance regulations. Utilize universal precautions and practice
at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from
health care personnel.
- Identifies and applies strategies to improve safety in the home
- Document patient care service by charting in patients' medical
records accurately and timely in accordance with licensure,
- Maintain continuity of care with the care team by communicating
plan of care and follow through with multidisciplinary team
ensuring that patient administration of care for all services
provided are organized, planned and delivered.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory checking stock to determine
inventory and PAR level; anticipating needs supplies; placing and
expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies;
using equipment and supplies; using equipment to accomplish
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, mandatory in-services; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
- The nurse participates in the advancement of the profession
through contributions to practice, education, administration, and
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives including continuing
education, participation in Agency specific teams, identifying
nursing practice areas for quality improvement and safe
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the healthcare team
by communicating information; responding to request; building
rapport; participating in team problem solving.
- Provide service excellence to patients and their families that
meets or exceeds patient expectations through offering empathetic
and compassionate patient-centered care.
- Professionally manage patient and family needs and concerns
using positive service recovery methods.
- Respond to patient requests and makes active referrals to
subject matter expert/decision maker who can fulfill the patient
- Provide culturally sensitive care Education/Experience
Requirements Required: Graduate of accredited institution of
professional nursing; One year experience in a medical surgical
setting or related setting Preferred: Bachelor of Science in
Nursing from accredited nursing program or higher degree;
Experience in Home Care Licensure/Certification Requirements
Required: Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse;
Current and valid New York State Driver's license in good standing
Preferred: Basic Life Support Certification EOE AA
M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their age, race, religion,
national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful
candidates might be required to undergo a background verification
with an external vendor.
Keywords: Mohawk Valley Health System, Utica , REGISTERED NURSE - VNA HOME CARE - Full Time - Days, Healthcare , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...