Outpatient Registered Dietitian
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Unit Description:Your nutritional know-how can help patients in
your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking an Outpatient Registered Dietitian to join their
dynamic team at the Mohawk Valley Health System located in Utica,
NY. This position will provide outpatient nutritional counseling
within their designated Eat Right. Live Right. Nutritional
Counseling Program. The dietitian will provide consultation on a
wide variety of conditions, including but not limited to weight
management, heart disease, renal disease, gastrointestinal
disorders, food allergies, disordered eating, and diabetes.
No Weekends or Holidays!
The successful candidate will:
Demonstrate a great clinical knowledge base in providing one-on-one
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) with clients of all ages;
- Collaborate with physicians and nursing regarding the patients'
overall nutritional plan of care;
- Stay up-to-date with evidenced based practice regarding the
management of acute and chronic conditions;
- Participate in health fairs, community events, and wellness
initiatives by developing and delivering presentations as needed to
support client goals;
- Provide direction for planning program strategic goals,
standards of the brand and maintaining effective communication with
other managers and inter-department liaisons;
- Provide proficient use of the electronic medical record to
process referrals, schedule patients, complete nutritional
documentation, and bill for services provided;
- Complete monthly revenue reports and data tracking logs;
- Be knowledgeable regarding insurance coverage information.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates
Registered Dietitian credentials and Certified
- Work experience as an RD (outpatient counseling preferred but
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all
- The proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and
influence others regarding their nutrition;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Demonstrated the ability to manage competing priorities with
the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the role;
- Strong time management skills, financial budgeting and
organizational skills; and
- A commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and
implementation of new and innovative ideasAbsent a legally
recognized exception, MVHS requires a COVID-19 vaccine to work at
Learn more about the Eat Right. Live Right. Program at the Mohawk
Valley Health System at https://mvhealthsystem.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness
positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools,
Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and
Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your
search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:How far will your ambition, talent and
dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the
growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and
career growth opportunities.
Position Summary:Responsible for providing direct comprehensive
- Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure
nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client
satisfaction to ensure account retention.
- Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition
programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
- Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical
departments on established processes, special diets, and menu
requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of
status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate
Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local
regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g.
Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality
assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of
the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy,
certifications, and standards of practice.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality
improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements:Basic Education Requirement -
Bachelor's DegreeBasic Functional Experience - 1 year work
experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes,
assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care,
retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Utica , Outpatient Registered Dietitian, Healthcare , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!