Course Materials Manager I - Mohawk Valley Community College
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Administer the course materials department operations for a store, including supervising employee activities and providing hands-on technical and functional guidance to aid in accomplishing financial and marketing objectives. Collects, edits, and oversees textbook orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of textbooks. Interfaces regularly with faculty, students and publishers handling issues related to adoptions, selection, and buyback. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Employer systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, and etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses. Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, RCMS, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Employer Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Employer Strategic Competencies. Key Responsibilities:
- Supervises the employees of the course materials department, including assigning and evaluating their work, as well as, interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Ensures staffing levels support business needs.Develops staff and works to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Supervision may also include oversight across remote locations. Models and manages effective supervision.
- In partnership with the store manager, plans course materials department work calendar, and enforces policies related to specific tasks and activities.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Assists customers and provides guidance to department associates around course materials buying decisions (new, used, rental and digital).
- In partnership with the store manager, oversees the special order functions.
- Resolves customer (faculty, staff, and students) concerns regarding service or product.
- In partnership with Store Manager, presents, interacts and influences faculty, department chair(s), Dean and/or administration on course materials issues, ensuring resolution for escalated issues including input for strategy and goal development for the department and/or store. Comes up with solutions for business improvements and analysis sell throughs.
- Collaborates with Store Manager and RCMS, as appropriate, to analyze buyback trends, enrollment figures, adoption forms and other information to determine order quantities and to manage disposition of text and ensure effective inventory management.
- Collects, oversees input, makes recommendations for Store Manager approval, and responds to inquiries regarding textbook data for orders, inventory, and market share and makes recommendations to drive competitive position.
- In partnership with store manager, creates strategy to coordinate and conduct the buyback and text rental check-in processes. Monitors quantities and book condition to ensure saleable criteria.
- Sources course materials from students, wholesalers, distributors and publishers. Reaches out to publishers, faculty and Employer partners to ensure customers are provided with a full range of course material options. Responds to inquiries regarding orders and inventory levels.
- May stock textbooks on shelves, pull books for return and verify shipments against packing lists. May prepare books for shipping to customers or publishers. Oversees invoicing, and packing and shipping, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Manages the store in the absence of the Store Manager and supervises other departments from time to time.
- Will open and close the store.
- May participate in both on-campus and off-campus events.
- Collects course materials information from school faculty and administration. In partnership with Store Manager, calculates the quantities of course materials needed for the school term.
- Edits adoptions from faculty to ensure accuracy and follows up as necessary on missing/late adoptions. Enters course materials information into a computer to analyze inventory and purchasing purposes.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities, develops and implements advertising strategies, and prepares textbooks and non-related products for merchandise display.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. #LI-ASANDOVAL #Mohawkvalley #Utica #retail #retailhiring #nowhiring #collegebookstore #storemanger
Keywords: Follett, Utica , Course Materials Manager I - Mohawk Valley Community College, Executive , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!