Internal Audit Intern
Posted on: December 29, 2018
Internal Audit Intern
This internship is a part of CONMED TALENT LAUNCH -- a hands on, immersive program designed to provide students with the exposure, experience and development needed to launch a successful career at CONMED. Program highlights include networking with senior leaders and recent college graduates, feedback and coaching, cross-functional shadowing opportunities, and more!
At CONMED, Internal Audit promotes the effective and efficient use of our resources through implementation of compliance controls, value added projects and cost savings and avoidance opportunities. We are seeking a driven and financially savvy accounting, finance or business student to join the team for an Internal Audit Internship during Summer 2019.
As an Internal Audit Intern, you will assist in the completion of annual Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and support the VP of Internal Audit with the completion of the annual internal audit plan. You will learn through hands experience with financial reporting walkthroughs, data analytics, ongoing audits, risk assessments and compliance improvement initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for a student seeking a robust internship within a growing international medical device company based out of Utica, NY, with multiple manufacturing and design sites across the US.
The Intern\'s responsibilities will include:
* Assist in the execution of the annual risk-based audit plan, which consist of Financial, Operational, IT, Compliance and select third parties through completion of the following:
* Assisting in the execution of the internal audit plan
* Planning audit logistics and test work
* Obtaining and testing of sufficient evidential matter
* Identifying potential control weaknesses and communicating them to the auditee and IA management
* Complete SOX audit requirements (Finance) for the Company in conjunction with the VP of Internal Audit, including:
* Assisting in the completion of annual SOX testing for BPCs and ELCs
* Collaborating with business process owners to monitor changes in the business, process and systems to ensure timely updating of control documentation
* Assisting in the Identification of key internal controls that will be tested
* Identification of internal control weaknesses (if applicable)
* Perform special projects and/or analysis of potential value-added opportunities as assigned by the VP of Internal Audit. This may include the following:
* Understanding business processes and personnel involved
* Analyzing cost benefit opportunities
* Collaborating with various levels of management across the organization to develop value-added proposals to support business growth
This internship position requires a driven and responsible team player who can think creatively while keeping business objectives front of mind. If you enjoy accounting and financial challenges and working with cross-functional teams, we invite you to apply for consideration!
* Pursing completion of a bachelor's or master's degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field of study
* Must be available to work onsite out of the Utica, NY facility, Monday -- Friday throughout the summer internship program (late May -- late August 2019)
Key words: Sarbanes Oxley, COSO Integrated Control Framework, PCAOB Auditing Standards, IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, SAS 99 (Consideration of Fraud in the Financial Statement Audit), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Intern, Internship, Medical Device, Med Device, Utica, Central New York, Upstate New York, Mohawk Valley
CONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company. Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are changing the future of medicine. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio grows.
We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied specializations. We are headquartered in upstate New York with additional domestic facilities in FL, CA, MA, CO, and GA. We have an international presence in more than 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the Middle East.
* CONMED offers competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7%
* Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: CONMED, Utica , Internal Audit Intern, Accounting, Auditing , Utica, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!